Burlington MA Domestic Violence Attorney

Learn More AboutOur Firm - Watch a Video

Charged with Assault in Beverly, MA?

Effective Defense for Domestic Violence Allegations

We provide a vigorous defense for clients facing assault or related criminal charges, working to keep our clients out of jail and spare them from consequences for employment or child custody.

David M. Gabriel & Associates offers proven criminal defense representation to citizens of Greater Boston and surrounding towns. Before you make any statements to police, contact our offices in Beverly or Salem for a consultation.

I have practiced criminal law for more than 25 years, and can capably represent you on any assault charges:

  • Domestic assault or battery
  • Restraining order violations
  • Bar fights
  • School fights

Domestic Violence

If you are accused of domestic assault (physical abuse, threats of violence, or severe emotional abuse), the police will remove you from your home and a court will issue a temporary restraining order to prevent you from contacting your partner or children. Spousal abuse allegations commonly arise at the onset of divorce proceedings, as they provide useful leverage in custody proceedings.

I can represent you in the hearing for a permanent restraining order. I have been successful in arguing that the allegations are unfounded when there was no prior history of domestic violence in the relationship. I can also represent you in court if you are accused of violating the terms of a restraining order — a serious criminal charge carrying up to a year in jail on conviction.

We are available to meet with you at any of our three conveniently locates office locations in Beverly, Salem or Massachusetts.

Other Assault Charges

If you were charged with assault in relation to a fight, I can also raise viable defenses of self-defense, mutual combat or incitement by the other party. Assault and battery with a weapon, or a fistfight resulting in serious bodily harm, may be charged as a felony. I make every effort to avoid a jail sentence, often by arranging a plea to a lesser charge such as disorderly conduct.

I practice in district court, probate court and superior court, and my experience with the judges and prosecutors enables me evaluate the likely outcome and advise you of your options. Call 978-712-4825 or 978-998-6829 for a initial consultation .