David M. Gabriel & Associates
Toll Free 866-759-7681
Local 978-712-4825
Local 978-998-6830

July 2016 Archives

Protecting Inheritances

Have you inherited property, heirlooms, money from your family and wondering how to protect what is yours in the event you and your spouse decide to divorce? What is considered marital property when determining property division in a divorce? This can vary depending on the circumstances unique to your situation. However, there are steps you can take to improve your outcome in the event of a divorce.

How to get your ex-spouse or partner to pay a portion of college

In Massachusetts, the Family Law Court has the authority to order divorced parents to contribute something to their children's college education expenses.  Usually the court won't deal with this at trial unless the child is nearly at the age to attend college, but many agreements will address the issue in some way.